Sunday, March 31, 2013

We Want To Pump You Up...

So, Saturday I did something different...  I attended the Mid-Illinois NPC Figure and Body Building Championships to cheer on my friend Sarah, who is also my trainer.  Sarah has taught me to love the body I have...that healthy is not skinny, it is fit...muscles are a good thing...it is not just how many calories you put in your body, but what they are made of that counts.  Once or twice per year she competes in these shows.  It is amazing the discipline she shows while training for these events, it is inspiring.  This is the second show I have been to, cheering her on from the audience.  Only for Sarah, will I drive and hour and a half, to the middle of nowhere and miss the Doctor Who premier...don't worry, I watched it as soon as I got home at midnight!!  I know some people think she looks a little extreme, but this is her in show shape...not everyday.  I think she looks amazing!!!



After the show, we always go to BW3.  After two months of a no sugar, no "white carbs, high protein diet, it is her favorite place to indulge.  It was so nice to have a day out, no kids, great friends and a few beers. 


Now, what I wore...





 Jeans-Gap/Top-Old Navy/Jewelry-Black Sheep, Old Navy, F21/Shoes-Steve Madden via Gilt

A little pattern mixing and necklace layering for a day of muscles!

I am obsessed with these Gap jeans. I love the subtle polka dot pattern...my first dive into the printed pants trend.  They are the 1969 legging skinny jeans...so soft and comfy.  They stretch out a bit with wear, I plan to order them in red and I think I might just size down.

I hope you all have a great weekend...here's to a busy week!!

5 comments:

Style Journey said...

Good for your friend and glad you were able to be there to cheer her on. Love your pants too!

Rebekah said...

Cute top! I haven't done the printed pants thing yet, but I think you picked a nice, subtle choice for your first pair. Maybe even I could handle those.

My dad used to be a bodybuilder. I don't remember going to any of his competitions, but I was probably 8ish at the time, so I may not have. I do remember him being really skinny/built and really tan sometimes, though.

J. said...

Wow, your trainer looks amazing! Serious discipline is right! But I also love that she preaches that a healthy body is not always the skinny one...there needs to be more teachers like her...

Emily {Isnt That Charming} said...

Whaaat!!! Your friend has an INSANE body! So toned and muscular. I need to work out, ASAP. Haha.
Isn’t That Charming.

wore out said...

you are such a great friend to drive out there and support Sarah! I applaud you both for focusing on and celebrating strength and self love, so inspiring.