Monday, March 18, 2013

Denim...Not Just For Jeans...

I love me a good denim shirt...

3 or 4 days per week, there is a denim shirt layered somewhere on me.  It is just such a versatile piece of clothing.  I can be dressed up with a skirt or blazer,  or more casual with jeans or shorts.  Dark denim, light denim, polkadotted denim... So, you can bet I was pretty excited when I discovered a denim shirt printed with anchors at Old Navy. 

For me, a denim shirt is perfect for a day of running around with the boys and being comfy, while still looking pulled together.







These are two outfits that I wore during this past week to showcase my new denim shirt.  Such a fun, subtle pattern... While writing this post, I decided dig through my closet and count all my denim shirt goodness...
-2 dark denim shirts, 1 fitted and 1 big and sloppy-Old Navy, Gap
-2 light denim shirt-Madewell (one of my faves!), Gap
-1 polkadotted denim shirt-Old Navy
-1 anchor printed denim shirt-Old Navy

Wow...that is a lot of denim shirts...

4 comments:

Style Journey said...

I saw this shirt and fell in love with the anchors. You and your denim shirt collections sounds like me and my colored denim collection, lol! Heather

The Suburb Experiment said...

I wish I could find one that fits well! I'm tempted to order a Madewell one. . .

Heather said...

This is the cutest printed denim! I love the little anchors :)

XO
Pearls & Paws

J. said...

Agreed, the denim/chambray shirt is a staple! I only have one but it's on weekly rotation!
You look great, I love the print!