Thursday, January 17, 2013

Of Epidemic Proportions...

The only time I got dressed...for more than an hour...so far this week...







I did get dressed Tuesday night...just long enough to run to the Apple store to have my laptop salvaged.  My Mac Book had been dropped one too many times and the battery refused to hold a charge and I was sick of being tethered to an electrical outlet.  A new battery and a Snow Leopard later, we are back in business!

This week has just been a blur of fevers, chills, sleepwalking, night terror filled, whiny germ infested children lounging on the couch too sick for school...and that was just the first two days...the last two days, the rugrats passed the sickies to me.  So, now I am the one laying on the couch, sweating, drinking tea and only moving to play chauffeur for the boys school.  I have been that mom that wears her pj's to school drop off...good thing I don't have to actually get out of the car.



On the why do I always have a headache front....
I had a sinus and head CT...nothing...they found nothing!  My sinuses are clear and no hemorrhage on the brain.  So, good thing that did not find anything bad, but the fact they have still found nothing worries me.  I have been cutting out the refined sugars and watching what I eat, and my head is still banging...  I made an appointment with the neurologist, maybe he can help (of course I cannot get in until mid February)

I promise to get back to actually getting dressed and posting regularly...I already miss having a reason to throw on tights and a skirt...hanging out with adults and going to meetings!!
 


6 comments:

Style Journey said...

Glad to hear nothing wrong was found in your CT scan, but bummer about not finding out the reason for the headaches. That has to be frustrating!

Love your bright and fun printed scarf.

Teal said...

Your poor sick kids! I'm sorry you are all so miserable. I'm a migraine sufferer and I've been through a lot of the scans, trip to the neurologist, etc that you mention. It is so frustrating when a cause can't be determined. I found out through (brutal) elimination that red wine is a big trigger for me and so far, the only thing that helps is extra strength Excedrin the MINUTE I feel a twinge of a headache. I hope that helps in some way, though I'm sure its stuff that you are already tinkering with. I hope you feel better soon. In the meantime, you can feel good about the fact that I covet that scarf!

Unknown said...

first of all, that bright scarf is just so FUN!

secondly, i hope things work out for you on the headache front. i get migraines, so i DEFINITELY hope that you find a way to diagnose and lessen the pain since it can be so debilitating.

LyddieGal said...

sorry everyone has been getting sick, hope you are managing to get lots of rest - feel better soon!
Chic on the Cheap

Marie McGrath (The Joy of Fashion) said...

I'm so sorry to hear your kids were sick and then you got sick too. Thats terrible. I hope you feel better soon and that you figure out what is up with those headaches.

www.thejoyoffashion.blogspot.com

Emily said...

Sick kids are NO fun, good luck. Love that beautiful red scarf! I hope you are able to find out why you get headaches soon, that is pretty scary!

creamyclothes.blogspot.com