Sunday, November 11, 2012

How Do I Get To Where I Am Going...

On Halloween, I said that every day, when I get up and get dressed, I feel like I am putting on some sort of a costume.  I have been pretty depressed lately and Thursday was a pretty low point.  So, when I woke up on Friday, I decided that today I needed to toughen up, put on my strong mom mask, and face the day.  To add to my costume of a tough chick and mom who is up for the challenge, I decided to go with my skinny teal-ish, metallic-ish jeans and my moto sweatshirt.  I then added a bunch of spikey bracelets.  I felt pretty self confident in this outfit.  It is amazing what certain pieces of clothing can do for your spirit...





Jeans-Wit and Wisdom/Jacket-Silence and Noise via Urban/Shoes-DSW/Jewelry-Target, F21, Bauble Bar

And now for an added bonus...
Since I usually post photos of what I am wearing to work, since on days at home with Alex, I tend to just style jeans and t-shirts, here is my weekend casual look.


Jeans-Gap/Top-LOFT/Shoes-Toms

Since this will probably be the last time the weather here will see a temperature above 50, I took advantage of the unseasonably warm weekend and styled my mint boyfriend jeans with no socks!  Probably the last time you will see my ankles naked until spring.  But, since it is November I had to put on a long sleeve t-shirt.  Love this Loft t with the stripes and lace combo...

Get used to seeing me in my casual duds...soon that is what I will be styling...all week long...

8 comments:

Shea Lennon said...

I love what an outfit can do for my mood too. I try to wear "confidence booster" clothes too when I'm feeling down. Or brights. Brights always help my mood :)

Rebecca said...

Sorry that you're having a tough time. I like the tough girl jacket and booties.

Rebekah said...

I love everything about your tough mom outfit! That striped top from LOFT is super cute, too. Hope things start looking up for you!

kate @ a journey in style said...

You look like a rockstar. I hope that the gnarly feeling does not fade (but that the low ones do). I hope you find other healthy outlets for raising spirits.

Kate @ A Journey in Style

J9 STYLE said...

I agree that a great outfit can totally change your mood and boost your confidence. You look great. I hope things start looking up!

Heather said...

I love that necklace you are wearing - and yes it's amazing what a good outfit can do for you! You look great girl!

XO
Pearls & Paws

Emily said...

I am sorry that you have been feeling down. That was a perfect outfit to life spirits, you look amazing!

creamyclothes.blogspot.com

Marie McGrath (The Joy of Fashion) said...

I'm so sorry to hear you have been feeling down lately. I hope you feel better soon.

I know what you mean, I sometimes feel like I am dressing in characters. Some days I'm a sweet little girl, other days I'm a rocker chic, other days I'm a professional, etc. etc. It keeps things interesting at least... hehe.

www.thejoyoffashion.blogspot.com