Monday, July 30, 2012

We All Fall Down...

Pretty good weekend had here...relaxing, going to the pool...got burnt, 2 great outdoor runs and tons of Olympic viewing!  I didn't think I would really get into the Olympics this year, but the boys seem to really enjoy watching it as a family.  As Jack said, "it is my favorite show when I am watching it with you!"

Worn to work Monday, July 30...Easy summer dress for a day at work...




Dress, Flats-Target, Jewelry, F21, Nordstrom's, Old Navy


I know it is 90 degrees outside right now...but all the new merchandise in stores, the colors of this dress and the fact I have not stopped sweating since may, make me yearn for fall...

Untitled #6


I have been lusting after a pair of leopard loafers for the last year or so... I think I am going to finally pull the trigger this fall.  If you know me, you know I love chunky jewelry...these necklaces in such rich fall colors will be so much fun to style with denim come cooler temps.  I love to purchase a new handbag each fall...reminds me of when I was a kid and started off each school year with a new backpack...this year I am leaning towards a satchel shape.

I cannot wait to start shopping for fall!!

Since today is Monday, I am linking up with the fabulous women over at the Monday Mingle...
Go check them out!





13 comments:

Jeanine Byers said...

Beautiful dress! I love those colors. And I have begun thinking about Fall, too, so thanks for the Polyvore of ideas.

Anonymous said...

Love the dress! I've been craving leopard loafers forever, too. Maybe some Steve Madden ones? We'll see!

J. said...

This weather makes me dream of October but you look great!

Style Journey said...

Love the blue shoes with this dress! That is so cute what Jack said about watching the Olympics wiht you. My 7 year old daughter has really been getting into watching them too. It's been fun!

Rebecca said...

I like the red and the leopard flats. I am ready for fall too!

LyddieGal said...

cute dress, and love the triangle necklace!
i think you will have fun styling the leopard flats - go for it!
Chic on the Cheap

Marie McGrath (The Joy of Fashion) said...

I watched a lot of Olympics this weekend as well! Love this dress on you and the unexpected pop of color with your shoes. Ooohh, leopard loafers sound like loads of cuteness , I hope you do get them afterall ;)

www.thejoyoffashion.blogspot.com

A Day in the Life of One Girl said...

I hear ya! I've already started looking at knits! Ahhh! But you know, it has been so dang hot, it's going to be nice to just have cooler weather. I am going to have to watch some Olympics. I think diving is coming on tonight and I bet my little boy would like that since he just started to be able to go off the diving board at the pool!

Shea Lennon said...

I love the way your blue shoes look with that dress, and as usual, I have major accessory-envy :) I hope I get a job this fall so I CAN do some fall shopping!!

Melissa said...

Oh, I had to walk over to the medical plaza today from my office and about died. It was SO HOT. I couldn't stop sweating for a while when I got back. It's disgusting.

Anyway.

You look gorgeous, lady! That dress is so super cute on you! And oh, my heart, with him saying it's his favorite show when he watches with you - SO SWEET!!! You're obviously doing something right. :)

Mimi said...

I feel the same about fall, it always remind sme of the excitement of something new for the school year even though I'm no longer in school and Beaux has a way to go until he starts...
Love the leapord shoes
Love the fact that Jack loves watching the olympics with you
Love the teal nail color

Aesthetic Lounge

Mary Lindsey said...

I love this patterned dress with the blue shoes. So cute!

-Mary @ Style That Moves

Tara said...

Oh, he is such a sweet boy!

And I LOVE the blue shoes, here :)