Wednesday, April 25, 2012

New Packaging...Same Great Flavor!

No, your eyes are not playing tricks on you due to lack of sleep or lack of caffeine... The look of my blog is all pretty, shiny and new!!  All the credit for spiffing up my little corner of the internet goes to Jessica at diamond doll designs.  From start to finish, Jessica has been wonderful to work with and had tons of patience working with a non-HTML savvy old lady like me. I am madly in love with the new look!




Skirt-Old Navy/Shirt-Zara/Sweater-Jcrew/Necklace-In God We Trust/Jewlery-H&M, Target, DIY

I wore this outfit to work yesterday.  Cardi, skirt, skirt...easy to style with little sleep all doped up on allergy meds.  Jack was up coughing all night and proceeded to spit up his sticky, grape smelling cough medicine all over me...twice.  When I had finally fallen back asleep, Alex got up screaming...he has this fear that rabid bunnies are going to come into his room through the window...as he is crying, all I can think about is the crazy rabbit from Donnie Darko...ha!! After getting up three more time to make sure there were no evil bunnies hiding in the corners of his room...I tried to go back to sleep...but at 5am with a snoring/coughing husband in bed...any attempts at sleep were futile.  Pile that on top of the fact that my allergies are absolutely horrible...I was a complete mess all day.

10 comments:

Rebekah said...

Haha, the first rabid bunnies to come to my mind were the ones from Monty Python and the Holy Grail. I can't blame your son, though. The rabbit from Donnie Darko scares the shite out of me!

Love the new blog design!

Callie - Coffee and Cardigans said...

Sounds like quite the crazy night. Hope everyone gets feeling better and rested up soon. As far as the new blog layout, Jessica did a marvelous job! It's always fun to spruce up a blog layout.

Also love your comfortable and cozy outfit. That cardigan is lovely. And the primary color combo really works well together!

Callie
www.coffeeandcardigans.com

Shannon said...

Oh, that Donnie Darko rabbit kept me up for months. Note to new mothers, don't watch anything remotely creepy with a newborn because you are up too often at night and your imagination will run nutters!!! :)

Style Journey said...

That is crazy about the bunnies! Sleepless nights like that are the worse! Either way, you look great and that necklace is super cool :)

Taylor said...

Ah, yes - my youngest has night terrors (my husband had them too as a child) and sometimes he just has these INSANE dreams that scare him to death. Isn't being a mom to two boys awesome? (Well, mostly.) In other news, the blog looks great and so do you, despite the lack of sleep thing. I so love mustard and that zippy cardi is fun! Also digging the necklace - it's quirky and different which is cool in my book.

Anonymous said...

Love the blog design! I'm obsessed with this nail polish shade and your shirt/sweater look great together.

Ashley said...

Well, that sounds like a great night! I appreciate his fear, though. That's a good one. My on-again/off-again boyfriend was afraid of the Snuggles bear as a child. And Mick Jagger. How do these things happen?

Love the yellow sweater! You seem to match your new blog layout very well!

Tara said...

I love the new blog look...it's fantastic! And I swear, I think there is something going around with all of the Internet kids I know, because Brigid was up all last night with cough/congestion, and it's been a pretty common theme across Twitter, too. Spring colds...blech. Hope Jack is feeling better, and that the rabid bunnies stay outside, where they belong!

Tiffany said...

Oh,you poor thing! Sometimes I wonder how moms with more than two kids ever get any sleep! It seems like one of them always something... can you imagine being up all night with three or four of them?!?

I hope your kids get to feeling better and that you can get some rest this weekend! I love that cute necklace!

The Closet Shopper said...

Donnie Darko is one of my favorite films. I love that you referenced it here. I got a little scared picturing it though. So creepy.

Great office look. Or any destination for that matter.

xo,
Tracy