Monday, April 30, 2012

I Got Skillz....

Yesterday was the annual auction at Alex's school.  I was asked to take black and white candids of all the kids to sell at the auction, all the proceeds going to the school.  I think, for the first time displaying my black and white photos, I did a pretty good job...




 Of course the obligatory shot of one of my kids.  Jack loves anything sweet, so he devoured that cotton candy. The theme of the auction was Candy Land.  There was a magician, clown, games and pizza...all the kids loved it!

Of course, what I wore to the event.  I knew I would have to be running around, since I was also the event photographer, I opted for my favorite comfy dress and lime flats.

In the end everyone had fun and all most of the parents bought my photos of their children.  A few even inquired about my services for other events.  Besides doing all the photography, except food, for the advertising agency I work for, I am planning on officially starting a photography company as a side business.

Since it is Monday...I am linking up with the gals for Monday Mingle

9 comments:

Callie - Coffee and Cardigans said...

Looks like a super fun event. From what I can see, the photography is absolutely beautiful. So is that lovely dress you were sporting. Love it with the bright flats. Hope you have a wonderful week!


Callie
www.coffeeandcardigans.com

Claire said...

great dress and I love the photos you took! what a brilliant idea for a fundraiser. i would love it if someone took black and white framed candids of my children. i would soooo be buying those!

http://spinning-threads.blogspot.com

The Suburb Experiment said...

That is so cool, Randi. Both the idea for fundraising AND photography as a side business.

Jenn

Keely said...

Love the photos! I can't wait to get a real camera so I can try and be a good photographer again.

Camelia said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Camelia said...

So cute! I love your outfit, and those black and white photos are adorable, not to mention your son with the cotton candy :)

PS. Sorry i posted this twice, but I was signed in on the wrong account.

Shea Lennon said...

Congratulations on your success and your decision to start a photography business on the side. I wish you the best of luck!! And you look great in that fun printed dress too!

Megan, TfDiaries.com said...

Fun Event! I love your dress it reminds me of a vintage miu miu dress I found!

Bernice said...

Could you please tell me how/what you used to frame the photos?