Friday, January 20, 2012

It Landed A Bit Short...

Worn to work Thursday, January 19

It was about 18 degrees when these photos were taken...brrrrrr....



Skirt-LOFT/T-neck, blazer-Gap/Jewelry-H&M, Bauble Bar, Boots-Kenneth Cole

I was freezing when I woke up yesterday, so this outfit is the final product of a layering attempt going boring.  I started with the thin turtleneck...I tried a denim shirt, chunky cardigan, lace cardigan...ended up with this blazer I never remember buying...  By the time I found this random toppper, it was getting late, so I grabbed my boots and ran out of the house...without a necklace.  I felt so naked all day without something shiny to adorn my neck. 


Worn to work Friday, Janaury 20



 Skirt-Anthropologie/ Cardigan-Gap/Shirt-Zara/Boots-Loehmann's/Jewelry-H&M, Old Navy, Nordstrom's

It was a balmy 8 degrees when I woke up this morning.  When it hits single digits, I stop freezing my butt off to take photos outside and take outfit photos in the crappy light of my office...
This was an attempt at layering for warmth gone sloppy...  I should have worn a fitted/slim skirt to balance out the bulkiness of the cardigan, but this skirt is just too comfy.  It is Friday, I am cold, tired and have a headache...so comfy won!

I am definitely glad it is Friday, but Sunday begins my week of just me and my two little munchkins... 
I need more coffee just thinking about all the running around I have to do...

5 comments:

The Closet Shopper said...

I can almost see the cold air smacking you in the face. I want to scream, "Get inside before you catch cold. Where's your jacket young lady." haha.

Both looks are great!

xo,
Tracy

Unknown said...

it's definitely getting too cold for outdoor photos! and i think the comfy look totally works with two slouchier pieces because of the way that you've accessorized it.

dash dot dotty

Tiffany said...

Oh. My. Goodness. Temps that frigid would have me DYING!! I'm thrilled that it seems like we're finished with winter here in Florida. It was actually 71 degrees this morning! (Not to rub it in your face or anything...)

I really don't think that first look is boring. I love the floral skirt!!

Ashley said...

Aw well, I hope you had a restful weekend! Semi-restful? Not restful at all? Yeah, I figured. But at least it was a weekend!

Nice outfits. I kind of have an unwritten rule that I stick to: if it's less than 15 degrees, I don't go outside. Anything above that is fair game! Can't you wait till it's in the 40s and 50s? SUMMER!

Martin said...

So pretty! :)