Tuesday, October 18, 2011

All Aboard...I'm Leaving The Station

So, I am laying in bed last night thinking about what I wanted to wear today...I decided I was going to style myself preppy...




  Skirt-Anthropologie/Shirt-Zara/Scarf-H&M/Jewelry-Bauble Bar, Macy's, Target, Shopbop

I think this outfit tripped over preppyville on it way to messytown....

I started with tights with tights and my favorite skirt and added this great striped top.  I could not find my leopard belt in the mess I like to call my closet, so I left the poor belt loops naked!  Then, the train fell off the rails...I was looking for the gold flowered necklace with the same color tones as the top, but in the two whole minutes I had to get dressed, I just could not find it.  So, I saw this leopard scarf and knotted it up.  I decided on my lighter ankle boots over my darker knee high boots.
This jacket is another story. I think fall jackets are in a box in the attic somewhere, but I am not sure I want to venture up there with all the dust and cobwebs.  So, I picked up this sweatshirt/jacket hybrid at Old Navy a few weeks ago.  It's not very warm, but it sure is cozy...
Last, but not least, is my new bracelet!  If you know me, you know I love a good leaf motif, so when I saw this bracelet at Macy's, I knew it was destined to adorn my wrist!!

It's the effort that counts...right...

7 comments:

Style Journey said...

I like the stripes and leopard mixed together. Your booties look great with the tights too. Loving that cuff from Macys! I never get a chance to look at their jewelry when I am there. I spend most of the time with the little one going up and down the escalators, lol!

Heather

Rebecca said...

The stripes look cute with the scarf. I think you should try this again when you find the belt!

LyddieGal said...

I like preppy. preppy is so cute.
and i love stripes and leopard together!

Chic on the Cheap

Shea Lennon said...

I love the mix of stripes and leopard, and that jacket is the perfect topper for that outfit! I love the sweatshirt/jacket hybrid--they're so comfy but looks so much nicer than a hoodie!

Tara said...

I'm going to have to agree with everyone else...love the stripe/leopard print combo!

How long have you had that scarf? I've been looking for a similar version FOREVER!

Tiffany said...

Ha, you're funny! I think it's all really cute. And I like the mix of stripes and leopard!

From Suns To Moons said...

Stripes and an animal print? Jenna Lyons would approve!