Thursday, May 5, 2011

My Legs Are Not A White Weapon...

Worn to work Thursday, May 5




Dress-Tucker for Target/ Cardi-JCrew Outlet/Wedges-BC via urban Outfitters/Jewelry-Francesca's

So this is my favorite dress. Easy to throw on and go when I am not up for a fashion challenge in the morning. But since I got this dress in the fall, I have never worn it without some sort of tights or leggings so I never really worried about the length. Well today I realized how short it looked and was shocked and annoyed when I got a few disapproving looks when I dropped my son at school. What the heck moms... Never seen legs before.  I might Be a mom but I like to dress up wear lots of jewelry experiment with trends and fashion... Deal with it!

Also I rarely ever wear heels over two inches... I have flat feet so they are not good on my arches. But today I wanted to feel tall so I put on these three inch wedges. They definitely give a totally new vibe and look to this dress. I also think the heels made the dress look shorter... It does not really make sense.
After all that I am really comfortable and happy with my outfit today.  Flattering dress, big dangley earrings, heels that make my white legs look good...all in all a win for me!

14 comments:

Lindsay Living said...

Love that dress! I have it too and by golly it is pretty short. I'm afraid it won't make it to the summer months for me, but never say never, I guess. You look gorgeous!

Anonymous said...

Well I think you look adorable and the shoes are awesome.
I really think sometimes it is jealousy with other Mom's giving the eye. I have had Mom's at M's preschool straight up say "how is it possible that you look so put together every day and I look like crap!" like you said, it is all about trying new things and putting in the effort.

Rebecca said...

Gorgeous dress! I love that big cardigan over it!

rebeccawithanR

Fashion Confessions of a Mommy said...

It is not even that mini so not sure what the other mom's were disapproving of. Love the dress and the metallic touch in the cardi and the wedges are great.

Daphne.
http://fashiondivamommy.blogspot.com

Unknown said...

What is up with hater moms?? I'd say they're jealous that you're rocking a fabulous outfit!

Natasha ~ Required2BeInspired

Anonymous said...

i am SO scared for when i have to stop wearing tights, i just know my dresses will look SO short!!

you have...like...killer legs by the way!

Shea Lennon said...

That is a great dress! Those moms are crazy--you look fantastic! Maybe they were looks of jealousy :)

Cat said...

I can totally see why this is your fav dress...it looks great on you PLUS it is so versatile :) Love your shoes and adore your earrings :)

Glad I found your blog!

xx Cat brideblu

From Suns To Moons said...

I have the opposite foot-shoe problem: super high arches, but I wear mostly ballet flats. Also not comfortable!

Unknown said...

i can see why that's your favorite dress...it's gorgeous! and i don't think it's too short at all!

Becca [Free Honey] said...

These other moms sound like huge prudes. I think you look great and the dress isn't too short at all!! Plus, i think the sweater is a great addition if the dress is shorter than your normal length. It helps to make the outfit a bit more casual and toned down.

Laurel said...

Super cute! You are getting good with the photos and posing, lady. I love the earrings!

LyddieGal said...

I can't believe people would cast the stink eye at your hem -- it's not that short, and I bet the women looking where the ones in capri mom jeans who were just jealous.

Hope you had a wonderful mothers day!

Chic on the Cheap

Tara said...

I don't think the dress looks too short, at all! It looks fantastic on you.

But I run into the same problem when I'm wearing heels...it makes a short dress seem even shorter. Must be an optical illusion with the distance between the hem and the ground, or something, because a dress that hits right above the knee is going to hit right above the knee, no matter how high you heels are.