Thursday, April 21, 2011

An Old Man Mowing A Lawn Made Me Do It!

Worn to work Thursday, April 21




 

Dress-Ann Taylor Loft/Cardi-BR/Necklace-Macy's/Shoes-Urban Outfitters

Never before have I worn socks (tights) with open toes sandals...so today is huge milestone!!  Just bought these shoes at Urban Outfitters and they reminded me of something at Andrea from
The Blonde Bedhead or Jen from Jen Loves Kev would wear with tights or socks...so I thought, I love their style, so I will try it too...force myself to think outside my comfort zone. Know what...I love the look.  These sandals have enough of a wedge to  make me feel tall and the open toes remind me that spring might just be coming.  I have a feeling that these sandals are going to become a staple this spring and summer...cannot wait to wear them sans socks! Since it was sunny out today...just so you know, sunny does not mean warm here in Chicago...I decided to take a detour via the lake front on my way to work.  Evanston has so many great places to take pictures...there are just not enough days that I actually have the time to explore them.

Now that I have my timing issues worked out with my camera remote, it definitely makes taking pictures more fun and much easier!

17 comments:

xo, Kimberly said...

LOVING the wedge sandals with tights. You look awesome. The location is really pretty, too. I think I've convinced myself enough times to step out of the box that I truly don't care what anyone else thinks, anymore. It's a good feeling. :)

Julia said...

ooh, those sandal heels are very cool. I like them with the tights and the leopard print sweater!

Unknown said...

you executed the tights with wedges look so well! and your necklace is fantastic too!

dash dot dotty

Taylor said...

I love everything about this! The leopard cardi, the black, the tights, and especially that necklace.

From Suns To Moons said...

Love how the bright yellow necklace echoes the warmth of the animal print!

Fashion Confessions of a Mommy said...

That yellow necklace totally gives this outfit a 'wow' factor. Love the combo with the animal print cardi. The sandals look really cool. They look good with tights but their detail will probably show more on barefeet or colored tights even better! :)

http://fashiondivamommy.blogspot.com

Rebecca said...

Your new shoes look great!

GoodFrameofMind said...

Ya for trying the tights/socks sandals look - you're rocking it! And I love that pretty yellow necklace :)

alltumbledown said...

Love the tights with open toed shoes look on you! As well as the bright pop of that necklace.

Tara said...

Those shoes are amazing, with the tights, and probably without them, as well. I can't wait to see that look, too :)

And I love the cardigan!

Laurel said...

Woah lady! You are looking all kinds of awesome in this outfit. The necklace really stole the show until I saw the shoes. Home run.

Kelly said...

Very cool shoes, and I like your bright yellow necklace!!

Ashley [Free Honey] said...

I love this location! And you get a big YAY from me for both tights and open toes and (especially) for stepping outside your comfort zone. I love your necklace - it's so bright and sunny!
xo, Ashley

Anonymous said...

♥Nice post.) Love your blog.))♥

Lindsay Living said...

I really love your necklace and shoes. I also love how you wore them with tights a la some of your faves. Those shoes actually remind me a bit of Jen, as well ;) Looking great :)

Lindsay Living

Alyson said...

yay for sandal wedges with tights, looks great, and umm... I want those shoes! Love them. Will be so hot in the summer, too. So glad you stopped by my blog so I could find yours. :)
alyson
www.theaveragegirlsguide.com
ps: say hi on twitter: @avggirlsguide if you're there.

SWF_Terra said...

ADORE the necklace. Especially with the leopard cardi. Here's to pushing the boundaries of our comfort zone! The wedges are fab.