Tuesday, March 1, 2011

Do You Think of Me When You Sleep...

Worn to Work Tuesday, March 1

#21 of 30


Today is the first time since before I had Jack, who turns 5 soon, that I have worn dress pants.  No, I am not kidding, I have been boycotting dress pants, only wearing dresses and skirts to work for the last few years.  I have never really been happy with the way pants fit my post-baby body...my hips and thighs are a smaller size that my stomach so pants always fit wanky!  But, since working out regularly, the body changes from the surgery and the new self confidence that I have developed this last year, I decided to give dress pants another shot at being my friend.  Since a sweater and pants is pretty basic, I added the red-ish necklace and a sequin cuff for some fun!
In 30 for 30 news...While perusing my closet last night I realized that there are 4 pieces of my 30 that I have not worn yet.  So, I am exchanging 4 items for those 4 items... Today's dress pants are in exchange for the black denim skirt, a floral shirt I plan to debut on Thursday are an exchange for the black t-neck sweater.  There are so many things in my closet I feel like I have been neglecting and I cannot wait to wear!

10 comments:

Melissa said...

Holy cow, you look amazing!!! I love the belted top and the necklace. You are seriously rocking those pants!

Come take a look inside A Working Mom's Closet

From Suns To Moons said...

Great silhouette on you and did I mention I want that necklace for myself? Thanks.

Anne said...

Pants are really working for you now! And what a gorgeous necklace.

Tara said...

The pants look amazing on you! And that necklace...love it!!

This Life, Redefined…stop by and say hi!

Ramsey said...

You look fabulous in those pants lady! Love!!!

TrophyBoutique said...

Yay for the re-emergence of the pants! I love the addition of the necklace here. Great touch.

The Suburb Experiment said...

Congratulations on your hard work - it certainly has paid off. You make those pants look GOOD. :)

Jenn

Anonymous said...

Pants are TOUGH, I feel ya on that one. No selling yourself short though, b/c you look GREAT in these! Total hourglass too! :)

LyddieGal said...

I think skirts and dresses are so much more flattering, they far outnumber the pants in my closet, but pants have a place in life - I'm sure they love that they are finally getting some attention again.

Chic on the Cheap

Unknown said...

I think the pants look great on you! I also really love the red necklace with the black outfit!

Shopping and Spreadsheets