Friday, February 4, 2011

Peer Pressure...Everybody is Doing It...

So, this week wonderful Katy of Modly Chic posed a great topic for discussion for Friend Friday...
creating a unique blog

1. With all the blogging events out there how do you determine which ones to participate in and which ones to avoid?
I participate in the ones that I feel pertain to my life, lifestyle and are realistic for me to actually do.

2. Be honest, have you ever jumped on the bandwagon of some blogging movement/event for the wrong reasons? How did that turn out?
I am not sure what really the wrong reasons would be to participate in a movement or event.  The events I like to participate in are ones that I think would be fun or stretch the boundries of my style.  I try to get myself out there.  To "meet" new people and bring new people to my blog.

3. How do you give your own flair to a blog event while still maintaining the general mission and purpose?
I try to show my personal style and personality.  Being me and getting myself out there is the reason I started my blog, so I give my own flair by just being myself.

4. When determining the best content for your blog what criterion do you keep in mind?
I keep in mind what my purpose was to begin with.  I also keep in mind my audience.  I know the people that read my blog people into fashion, but also mom's who like to share and read about people just like them.  I realize I am not some high style, high sorority or DIY'er and I try to reflect that in my content.

5. While everything will not suit your blog, how do you try and support your fellow bloggers who are participating in something worthwhile but not your style?
I read and enjoy fellow bloggers content even if it not my style or realistic for my life.
I cannot wait to see what other bloggers have to say on this topic...

1 comment:

Tabitha said...

I absolutely love FF because Katy cause up with the most unique questions and gives people a deeper look at how bloggers think.

Great answers!