It's the first Friday of 2011 and that means it's time for Friend Friday. The wonderfully talented Katy of Modly Chic poses discussion questions to us bloggers...
1. Have you ever looked at someone's blog and thought yours will never measure up?
I have to admit I definitely have...I see other bloggers with hundreds of followers and sponsors and wonder how they did it and if I could ever get that big.
2. Do you (did you) feel pressure to meet some kind of undefined standard for fashion bloggers?
I also feel pressure to live up to a standard...I sometimes wonder if I am fashionable enough, my clothes are nice enough, my pictures are good enough. Sometimes I feel like it is highschool and I am not in with the "cool" But, then I remember blogging is not a contest...I am doing it for myself, not to always keep up with others.
3. Many established fashion bloggers are also extraordinary DIYers, bakers, and crafty people. Do you think you need to combine all of these things to be successful at blogging?
I don't necessarily think that you have to have talents in all those fields. I just think you need to bring out the best in the talents that you do have.
4. The most successful blogs are the ones that have their own personal voice - how are you developing your voice or how did you find yours?
I definitely think I am starting to find my voice...I try to be a fashion blogger, mommy blogger, and a lifestyle blogger...all the things my life is about and I feel comfortable with.
5. Toot your own horn... what's one thing you do that is unique to you and your blog? What gives your blog an edge?
hmmm... I feel like I have done many things in my life and been through a lot of different situations...I have a variety of things to say about motherhood, fashion, family, shopping, my neurosis...so I feel like I have a lot to offer to my readers.