Friday, January 7, 2011

Friend Friday 2011 #1

It's the first Friday of 2011 and that means it's time for Friend Friday.  The wonderfully talented Katy of Modly Chic poses discussion questions to us bloggers...
1. Have you ever looked at someone's blog and thought yours will never measure up?
I have to admit I definitely have...I see other bloggers with hundreds of followers and sponsors and wonder how they did it and if I could ever get that big.
2. Do you (did you) feel pressure to meet some kind of undefined standard for fashion bloggers?
I also feel pressure to live up to a standard...I sometimes wonder if I am fashionable enough, my clothes are nice enough, my pictures are good enough.  Sometimes I feel like it is highschool and I am not in with the "cool" But, then I remember blogging is not a contest...I am doing it for myself, not to always keep up with others.
3. Many established fashion bloggers are also extraordinary DIYers, bakers, and crafty people. Do you think you need to combine all of these things to be successful at blogging?
I don't necessarily think that you have to have talents in all those fields.  I just think you need to bring out the best in the talents that you do have.
4. The most successful blogs are the ones that have their own personal voice - how are you developing your voice or how did you find yours?
I definitely think I am starting to find my voice...I try to be a fashion blogger, mommy blogger, and a lifestyle blogger...all the things my life is about and I feel comfortable with.
5. Toot your own horn... what's one thing you do that is unique to you and your blog? What gives your blog an edge?
hmmm... I feel like I have done many things in my life and been through a lot of different situations...I have a variety of things to say about motherhood, fashion, family, shopping, my neurosis...so I feel like I have a lot to offer to my readers.

7 comments:

Collette Osuna said...

Hello..just saw you at F....I totally agree on #4..great answers..so nice to meet you:)

Stop by and say Hello:)
Come be a part of my new online fashion magazine!!♥

Unknown said...

I agree with you about question one. It really is difficult to get into blogging when see the super huge bloggers out there with thousands of followers. Great answers! :)

xo,
Kirstin Marie
http://www.kirstinmarie.com

ClosetConfections said...

Great reponses: short, sweet and straight to the point. I struggled a lot in the beginning with my blog because I worried whether or not my style was worthy enough of garnering any readers. Now, the pressure's off and I just have fun with it.

Kendra
http://closetconfections.com

Melissa said...

I agree that sometimes it DOES feel like high school and I'm not part of the "cool" crowd. But you're right, we should be doing this for ourselves and not to be part of a crowd. Our blogs should be about us, not about everyone else.

Great answers!

Linda W said...

I agree, it can be like high school if we let it. But you are right, we need to bring out our own talents and experiences to our blog.
Sometimes the bigger bloggers were just given a bit of luck to find their audience. It doesn't mean they were doing anything better than anyone else.
Keep doing what you are doing!

The Auspicious Life

The Suburb Experiment said...

Hey - just catching up on my blogs. First off, I love the new look and the size of the pictures!! And your comparison to high school is pretty apt. It seems a lot of people spend a lot of time trying to get the attention of the "popular" bloggers.

Tara said...

Sometimes, when I sit down to write a post, I have those 'is anybody really going to care what I have to say about this?' thoughts. But then I try to remind myself that I'm doing this for myself, and not for what other people might think about me. So, yeah, I absolutely love your answers :)