Friday, January 14, 2011

Closet Full of Clothes and Nothing to Wear


 The wonderful Katy of Modly Chic does a great thing, Fashion Beauty Friend Friday where she offers up some questions for discussion.  So, here we go...
1.     How do you determine what you will wear that day?
Honestly, on most days I stand in my closet holding the one item that I want to build my outfit around, and stare blindly for a few minutes.  Then I have an epiphany….really I just realistically realize that one of my kids is screaming and time is running out, so I quickly decide what goes with that one starting block and throw it on.
2.     Do you plan outfits out in advance for a whole week, month, weekend?
Since my work/gym/playtime schedule varies, I try to plan out outfits…try being the key word.  I will have a general idea of what I plan to wear that week, like jeans versus skirts and dresses for work.  But sometimes I am not sure of the plans for the next day, so I just go with it.  I am very into instant gratification, so sometimes, I want to wear a new item that I just bought right away.  SO when I get home from the store, I immediate hunt around in my closet to find pieces to compliment it.
3.     Do you have any specific way of tracking outfits and items already worn .so you don’t repeat?
Nope…I tend to repeat based on how much I like and items and how good/bad the item looks on me and makes me feel.
4.     How do you discover new combinations of items in your closet?
I have recently started to hang items together and put the outfits aside in a certain part of the closet. 
5.     To streamline the process for 2011, what is one thing you can do to cut down on your dressing time?
I recently have realized how unorganized I really am.  I am starting to clean out my closet and organize it into specific sections. Also this year, as a result of bogging and using all the stylish girls out there as inspiration, I am trying to plan my outfits out in advance.

4 comments:

Collette Osuna said...

Happy Friend Friday.....I agree, organization would be really helpful in finding things easier...really liked your answers:)

Stop by and say Hello:)
Enter my Lulus Giftcard Giveaway!!♥

The Suburb Experiment said...

Ha! I'm an instant gratification kind of gal too. Pieces sometimes don't even make it to the wash before they get worn. I can't help it, I get too excited. : )

Linda W said...

Ha! Epiphany/kids yelling, same thing right? Well, I don't have kids so I wouldn't know, but I found that hilarious.
I repeat based on what made me feel good, too. And, like you, I've been learning a lot from bloggers and blogging. It's taught me more than I expected!

The Auspicious Life

Chantele Cross-Jones said...

Great answers, I answered these too!

Daisy Dayz Home
Cross-Jones-Photography Home