Our Friend Friday discussion this week is about size....a subject that is near and dear to my heart.
1. Should someones size stop them from fashion blogging or having a voice in the community?
No...big fat no. You size does not determine ones fashion sense. You can be fashionable at 0 size zero and a size 18. It is all about how you dress your body. I persons worth should not be determined my there size.
2. In your opinion, can the term "curvy" and "plus-sized" be used interchangeably when it comes to fashion?
I think that curvy and plus-sized are two very different things. Plus-sized denotes clothing size not body type. You can be a size 4 but curvy or a size 14 and curvy just depends how you fill that size. I hate how people use those words are not interchangeable. I am a size 10 and curvy, but not plus-size!
3. Many people make the argument that catering to plus sized women would promote being overweight as "okay". What do you think? Should more designers be catering to plus size women?
I think designers should cater to all ranges of women. Showing fashions for plus-sized women is important and should not have any effect on women seeing being overweight as ok.
4. Should the mainstream fashion industry be showcasing more plus size models?
Again, I feel that the fashion industry should showcase models of all size. But that would require designers making their fashions in all sizes and that costs money the designers have to be willing to spend.
5. For you personally, how do you view your size, the struggle with it through the years, your ideal size, etc...
Currently I view myself as curvy, not plus sized. I have always struggled with my weight and chest size. I thought the smaller the size the happier I would be...but I was wrong, it's all about the self confidence. I am the most self confident now and I am 4 sizes bigger than when I was my smallest. The more self confident I am, the more I enjoy wearing stylish clothes, posting pictures and blogging. I still have a lot of issues with my chest size but that is a whole another discussion for another day!