Monday, April 29, 2013

Mad Man in a Spaceship...

On Saturday, I went to C2E2...Chicago's answer to Comic Con.  I freely admit I have many geek like tendencies...I love science fiction tv shows and movies, with my specialities being Star Wars (the originals, of course) and I am a complete Whovian (Doctor Who geek), so conventions like these are just a giant playground for me...I love being amongst people who embrace my love for the Doctor and other things alien...



Bonding with R2D2

Stormtroopers to the rescue!
 

 Creators of Ben 10...one of my boys favorites

I had such a fun time at C2E2...Some my highlights include the Patton Oswalt panel...he was so freaking funny, loved his opinion on the original Star Wars.  Fierce females in Television...Marti Noxon, writer of such shows as Buffy The Vampire Slayer, Once Upon a Time, Torchwood and the award winning Husbands web series.  It was so amazing to hear how she climbed to the top in a male dominated field.  Of course, I also really loved all the Doctor Who displays, Star Wars toys and the fun people watching...so many crazy costumes. 

I wanted to be comfy, but still stylish for the long day.  Skinny jeans, layers and flats were perfect for walking the floor.  But the end of the night...my feet were so sore and swollen, just walking the long hike to the car was a painful challenge. 

All in all, I had such a geek-tastic time.  I cannot wait for the next convention in August!

9 comments:

Style Journey said...

This looks so fun! Glad you got to let your inner geek out to play. We all need to have some mom time! Heather

Rebekah said...

I'm so beyond bummed that I probably won't be able to go to Comic Con in August this year! My husband's cousin's wedding is that weekend in Maine. I'm hoping it works out that I can go on Thursday, but that may be wishful thinking.

Anyway, glad you had fun this weekend! Patton Oswalt's panel does sound like it would've been good.

Anonymous said...

Hi! I know this is kinda off topic however , I'd figured I'd
ask. Would you be interested in trading links or maybe guest
writing a blog post or vice-versa? My website goes over a
lot of the same topics as yours and I feel we could greatly benefit
from each other. If you are interested feel free to shoot me an email.
I look forward to hearing from you! Awesome blog by the way!



Review my blog; karen millen dresses

Anne said...

Did you blog this outfit already, because you look so cute next to R2D2! And how cool that you got to meet him... what's he like? ;)

Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Claire said...

love the skinny jeans and flats. i've never been to comic con but always thought it'd be fun! this looks like an enjoyable event!

http://www.spinning-threads.blogspot.com

LyddieGal said...

Sounds like such a fun time! Cons are always a blast though, its great to be around people who are all just as crazy/obsessed as you, haha.
Chic on the Cheap

Heather said...

Haha - that's awesome! And how cute are you in those fabulous printed pants!?

XO
Pearls & Paws

Marie McGrath (The Joy of Fashion) said...

This sounds like SOOOO much fun! I have to admit that I have many geek tendencies. I'm a really big fan of Japanease Anime tv series, as well as video games like Zelda. I've always wanted to go to an event like this, hopefully one day I will. Glad to see you had such an amazing time!

www.thejoyoffashion.blogspot.com