Tuesday, March 5, 2013

The White Stuff Has Arrived...

We went to sleep Monday night expecting snowmageddon here in Chicago.  I never understood why people in the Midwest get so crazy when it snows...you would think they would be used to it by now.  The only time I ever got all freaked out and crazy about the snow was when we got 2 1/2 feet back in February 2011.  But, when we woke up Tuesday morning for school, there was only about 1 inch, but it was falling steadily.  It seems like we were one of the only school districts not to call a snow day.  Having both of the boys home all day might just kill the few bits of sanity I still have left.  Since the boys are constantly fighting about everything, it was a blessing Jack had to bundle up and go to school. Besides taking Alex to gymnastics and school carpool, not much else had to be done, so Alex and I decided to make a Target run, then hang out around the house all day.




After stocking up on fresh groceries, doing the dishes and starting the laundry we decided it was lunch time...



Since I was feeling all "domestic", we decided it was cookie time...


By the time we went to go pick Jack up from from school, there was about 4 inches of the white stuff on the ground and it was still coming down.  I even got my car stuck at the end of the driveway.  Thank god for friendly neighbors who pushed my car and graciously snow blowed my driveway.



I think I am going to go cuddle on the couch with a cup if tea, some cookies and a new episode of Pretty Little Liars...

4 comments:

Anne said...

I only care about snow if I have to commute in it, which is pretty rare these days. I loved watching it fall all day :) Looks like you and Jack had a fun snow day! The pizza and cookies both look yummy!

Style Journey said...

My girls are 10 years apart and they still fight, lol! I love that you cook and bake with Alex. Stay warm! Heather

Tiffany said...

The snow is so pretty and your boots are adorable!

I can understand getting frustrated being cooped up at home. I get the same way on rainy days around here!

Wore Out said...

this sounds like the best day, not to mention there's nothing like a warm chocolate chip cookies on a snowy day. Hope you're all toasty and warm!