Monday, May 14, 2012

Mommy Randi...

Being a mother is the hardest and most rewarding job on the planet...I have learned this though first hand experience, but I would never have it any other way. 
Being a mom has made me appreciate all that my mom did, does and will do for me forever. She is not only my mom, but mt best friend.

Every Mother's Day, my mom and I do the Y-Me 3 mile walk for breast cancer... we have been doing this together for about 9 years. 

Mother's Day thanks to Instagram...
 Beautiful view along the lake

 Mom and Mom

 Mommy Randi

 Nana Ricki

 Mother's Day present...Jack DIY...amazing!!

Momma's boys...

After the walk my mom and I went out for breakfast at Stanley's...best breakfast buffet ever!!  I am still stuffed...vege omlette, baked mac and cheese, ceasar salad...yum!  Then, I ran some errands and enjoyed a wonderful mother's day gift...a mid-afternoon nap with no little boys poking their head in every five minutes asking for juice...joyous!! 

Jack made that fabulous necklace at school...it is amazing...he was so excited he gave it to me on Saturday to wear to a party...it is a bottle cap with this photo... Jack was so excited and proud...we were showing it to everyone.  On Sunday, the boys made me cards gave me plants and itunes gift cards for my ipad...Jack told me now I could go buy Angry Birds for him to play!

I know, the name of my blog is Not Just Mom...an outlet for me trying to find myself as a person besides Jack's and Alex's mom. Today, I love the little reminder that I am not Just Randi!

5 comments:

Rebecca said...

I'm glad you had a Happy Mother's Day!

Anonymous said...

Belated happy mother's day to you! What a great tradition you have with your mom :)

Claire said...

Happy mother's day! sounds like it was a good one. i love a buffet!!! and that necklace is so cute. i appreciate my mom soooo much more too!

http://spinning-threads.blogspot.com

Marie McGrath (The Joy of Fashion) said...

Aaawwww, that's so cute that you and your mom do that every year! And the necklace is just ADORABLE! Glad you had such a wonderful mother's day!

www.thejoyoffashion.blogspot.com

Definingtabitha said...

Fun! Hope you had a great mother's day! You were right in my hood - I live right by those legs. :)