Monday, March 5, 2012

Which One Of You Ate The Missing Piece...

Someone recently commented  to me on how put together I look...I laughed...then I thought, I am about as put together as a puzzle missing a few pieces...

I guess I fake it well...





Dress-Calvin Klein/Cardigan, Boots-LOFT/Belt-Gap/Jewelry-Baublebar, DIY, stolen from mom

I was thinking about what was said to me this morning as I was hurriedly deciding what to wear.  Nothing like a fitted dress, cardigan and fun bow belt, on a cold Monday morning to make me feel put together...
or to at least look like it.

Another blogger was talking about where she takes here photos and how she pretends to be taking pictures of nature if people walk by.  So, I thought I would share with you where and how I take my outfit photos.  My office is an old apartment building on a residential street, a block from the lake.  I usually just step outside or across the street to take my photos.  If I have extra time, I take the short walk down to the lake to a more scenic spot.  I find it amusing how much a women, standing in the middle of the sidewalk, taking photos of herself, always attracts the weirdos...they all stop and stare... then they start talking and asking questions...all I want to do is take my photos and get back to work!



Back to searching for my missing pieces...

8 comments:

BiblioMOMia said...

Such a lovely dress, especially with the scarlet cardi. So cheerful!

Shea Lennon said...

Haha, I love the analogy, although I think you're always very put together! I need to venture out more to take photos--I always stay right next to my house!

Rebecca said...

You do look put together, trust me!

Anne said...

I'm not surprised by the amount of crazy people stopping by there - it's a lovely neighborhood, but when I lived up there... well, I didn't need to be taking pictures of myself for that to happen :)

And you DO always look put together!

Unknown said...

ADORE those boots! So perfectly distressed.
C

Marie McGrath (The Joy of Fashion) said...

That would be my go to outfit as well, dress + cardi + belt works everytime. You look great in this outfit :)

www.thejoyoffashion.blogspot.com

Tiffany said...

I love the all black ensemble with the pop of color! I think you're brave to take photos in front of other people!! I try to go to secluded spots where no one is around and whenever anyone is around, I get all flustered and it's just a mess. lol

The Suburb Experiment said...

I think you always look put together!

And I think my assignment in the next few weeks is to photograph myself in a public-ish place and get over it. :) We'll see.

Jenn
The Suburb Experiment