Friday, September 23, 2011

You Need Me And I Need You...

Cooler temperatures make me and my wardrobe happy!

Worn to work Friday, September 23





Dress-Target/Jacket-Old Navy/Booties-Kelly & Katie/Jewelry-Bauble Bar, Francesca's, Shopbop

The perfect transition from summer to fall is summery dresses with a blazer, tights and boots, or in this case ankle boots...I was a little apprehensive about wearing the dark tights with the lighter boots, but I think I pulled it of quite well! Love this little cargo blazer/jacket...from Old Navy winter 08.  I bought it right before I got pregnant with Alex, and wore it throughout the next few months to contain my huge belly. Ah, the memories...I so did not enjoy being pregnant!! This necklace arrived yesterday from Bauble Bar...I love them! All the jewelry comes in a reusable little pouch with a personalized note..My new favorite website...

Worn to work Thursday, September 22



  Skirt-Anthropologie/Jacket-Loft/Tank Top-Old Navy/Boots-Williams

I like this outfit better in theory...I think maybe because the jacket is a bit too short and baggy in the shoulders... You cannot really see, but the jacket has gold threads running through it.  I tried to contrast the stripes in the tank top with the circular necklace. All I can say for this outfit is I tried.

I hope everyone has a great weekend...I plan to finish organizing my closet and pulling out my fall clothes and boxing up the summer stuff.  I am also on the hunt for a pair of leopard loafers and I plan to hit up a few stores to see what I can find.

7 comments:

Elena said...

You make me want a denim skirt very badly! So great with the boots :)

The Suburb Experiment said...

I tried purchasing a denim skirt like yours so I could quit commenting every time you wore yours that I needed one. (Holy run on sentence.) But I don't think it's meant to be.

Your first outfit is perfect.

Jenn
The Suburb Experiment

Marie McGrath (The Joy of Fashion) said...

Cute outfits! I love your jacket in the first one, I really need to find one just like yours. I also love the necklace of your second outfit, very unique looking.

Good luck organizing your closet and finding those loafers! Have a nice weekend :)

www.thejoyoffashion.blogspot.com

Anne said...

The speed hump sign in the background of your first picture is a nice touch :)

I love all of your jackets! Looking at your pictures lately makes me realize I could really use a few fall jackets.

Shea Lennon said...

I'm a huge Bauble Bar fan too--isn't their jewelry awesome (and affordable)?! I love your "fall uniform" and I think the light boots look great with the dark tights.

From Suns To Moons said...

I love the second outfit - the shorter hem looks great on those gams. Show 'em off if you've got them!

Tiffany said...

Aaah, look at those cute booties!! I'm jealous of your cooler weather!