Wednesday, September 7, 2011

Working Woman Walking...

Worn to work Wednesday, September 7




Skirt-Renee C/Blazer-Halogen/Boots-Loft/Jewelry-Target/Lydell, Jewelmint, House of Harlow

I had a long meeting and lots of work to do today, so I decided to wear the skirt and blazer combo to look professional, but funk it up with a eyelet blazer, bright tank top, and multiple necklaces to add a dash of personality.  I am glad the week is only 4 days, but I still have 5 days worth of work to do!

So, tomorrow is Fashion Night Out and I plan to partake in some of the festivities that Chicago has to offer... I have my outfit all laid out and ready to go...a new dress.  But, I don't want to have to change after work, so I plan on styling the dress two ways...more business-like and conservative for a conference at work and funky, relaxed, but polished for a night of shopping.

12 comments:

Elena said...

Ooooh enjoy Fashion Night Out! My sister gets to go in NYC and I am verrrry jealous. Love this outfit and the purple!

The Suburb Experiment said...

Are you going to show us the two versions? :) I'm sad Seattle doesn't seem as into FNO as other cities. I've heard that a mall in the area is doing something but other than that. . .

Tiffany said...

I really love the print on that skirt! Have fun at FNO!! I can't wait to see you dress worn two ways!

Style Journey said...

Love your skirt! I can see this styled so many different ways! And I swear you have some of the best jewelry!

Have fun at FNO, so jealous!

Rebecca said...

I like this look. The blazer is conservative, but the print makes the outfit fun!

Marie McGrath (The Joy of Fashion) said...

Great outfit, I love the pattern on the skirt especially! Ooohh, Fashion Night Out sounds like so much fun! I wish Panama had that too ;)

www.thejoyoffashion.blogspot.com

Anne said...

Wait, what's going on here for FNO? I'm so out of the loop sometimes! Whatever you end up doing, I hope it's a ton of fun!

Love this skirt! And it looks great paired with the blazer, though I can't say I'm quite ready for boots just yet...

LyddieGal said...

cute skirt!
I hope you have a great time at FNO and come with lots of great goodies!

Chic on the Cheap

Shea Lennon said...

I love the print of that skirt! Have fun tomorrow night. I'm so jealous--I'm doing nothing Fashion Week related this week!

Kelly said...

Can't wait to hear about your FNO experience, and to see your new dress!!

Anonymous said...

I'm drooling over your blazer and boots!!! Can't wait to see the new dress.

Tara said...

I love those boots! I'm jealous that you Chicagoans can start wearing boots already...

...but I know it will all even out when I can go bare-legged a little sooner next spring :)