Tuesday, May 17, 2011

Stop Sneezing In My Face...

I guess when your kids sneeze and cough on you constantly you are bound to get sick... Right? Between Jack's strep and Alex's coughing snot festival, I have caught an amalgamation of of germs equaling a cough, runny nose, ear infection party. But when mom gets sick the world does not stop...or even slow down. So, I got up today and got dressed. It seemed too cold for a skirt and heels sans tights...I refuse to go back to wearing tights...so my one pair of dress pants it is.



I just bought this top at Ann Taylor Loft last weekend.  I love it there, they always have some kind of promotion going. Not sure if you can tell, but the black stripes are a ruffle texture.  Once I looked at my outfit in the 1 full length mirror we have in the house...random it is in Alex's room...I realized that the outfit needed some color...so I hunted down the red belt.  I really like this outfit today...comfortable and I think the pants and heels make my legs look long...always a plus.  Something has to make up for the fact that I am so congested that I can barely hear.

12 comments:

Melissa: Write it in Lipstick said...

it's so true kiddies get you sick all the time. I understand why you went with pants sometimes it's the way to go

Rebecca said...

I like the top, and Loft always seems to have awesome sales.

Tara said...

Oh, I love this top...the ruffly detail is awesome! And good call on the red belt, it's perfect.

Hope you feel better soon, you poor thing. Sickness is no fun at all!

Unknown said...

That top is really cute! Hope you feel better soon!

Shopping and Spreadsheets

Melissa said...

I'm sorry you aren't feeling well! The plus side is that you look amazing. Those pants are great on you and I LOVE the pop of red in the belt.

Come take a look inside A Working Mom's Closet

Shea Lennon said...

I love that you added the red belt--it does add a fun touch of color! And I hope you stay well--the "snot festival" (which sounds so funny!) doesn't sound like much fun.

Unknown said...

ohhh no get better soon!
Loving the Ann Taylor top. The Loft always has great items...especially when they are on sale!

Becca [Free Honey] said...

I can't believe you're sick and still taking outfit photos. I'm a huge wimp when I'm sick (which luckily isn't often). But it makes me want to curl up in bed and yell for my mom! You are a trooper, and you look adorable! Hope you're feeling better soon.

Claire said...

I get sick from my kiddos all the time. In fact I think I'm catching something now :( Worse is they pass it on to each other.

Love this outfit. I really like the belt and all your accessories.

spinning-threads.blogspot.com

Marie McGrath (The Joy of Fashion) said...

I'm sorry to hear you are getting sick, hope you feel better soon! You look great in this outfit btw, very sophisticated!

www.thejoyoffashion.blogspot.com

Tiffany said...

Oh my goodness, I can relate with the sickness! We're like on a never-ending cycle of sickness in our house. I thought it might end with spring, but apparently not. =/ I hope you feel better soon!

I think that red belt was the perfect choice for a pop of color! And I LOVE the ruffled detailing on the shirt. =)

Tysie said...

Lovin' the pants - they def. make your legs look miles long! Oh and for being sick, you look great!