Saturday, May 21, 2011

M-O-M...Spells Mommy Randi

At least that is what my kids say...

So, this was my mommy Randi style for the week



 Skirt-Express/Jacket-Old Navy/Wedges-UO

This outfit was worn on Wednesday.  We went to the gym, Target, doctor, played at home then off to Jack's school.  I like wearing the maxi skirt, it gives me the ability to run around with the kids...the jacket can always be taken off when I get too warm, but helps me still look polished. 
Wednesday night was Kindergarten orientation...wow...my baby boy is going to be going to school from 8:40 to 3:15.  The thought of it was always been so overwhelming.  But, not that it is getting closer and we have all the details, I am in a state of panic. 




 Jeans-jcrew/shirt-Zara/shoes-Sam Edelman/necklace-Macy's 

Friday was a long day of running around...it was such a beautiful day out, sun shining, slight breeze, but unfortunately i had to spend most of the day driving around.  I thought jeans and my new striped shirt would work well.  I tried to funk up the shirt with a new necklace with floral beads and my red flats.  The only problem with this outfit was it got way to hot in the afternoon and I was sweating...but I guess it did not really help the matter that the air conditioning in my car is broken...ahhhhh!!! 
I spent the morning at Alex's school.  It was the first time I really ever observed Alex in his element with his friends at school.  The boys are just so different when they are apart vs. playing together.  I never realized how much of a leader Alex was among his peers.  After songs, cookies and juice we had to drive to go get Jack at his play date an hour a way, check out a few garage sales in the area and then back home.  After Jack's check x-rays...I finally had to time relax.  I definitely need the weekend!

9 comments:

Fashion Confessions of a Mommy said...

Love that maxi skirt. I agree maxi skirts are so comfy with kids. I love them too.
Your blue striped top's colors are very cool.
Daphne.
http://fashiondivamommy.blogspot.com

Taylor said...

I LOVE the stripey top. Makes me even more stoked for my first ever visit to a Zara next month in DC. It is criminal they don't offer online shopping in America.

Shea Lennon said...

I love both outfits. I just recently fell in love with the maxi skirt myself--so comfortable! And I love the red shoes with that top in the 2nd look!

Brittney said...

love love LOVE the pop of red shoe in that 2nd outfit. both are great, but that little number just wins it for me. so cute!
-brittney
http://adayinlifetoo.blogspot.com

Anne said...

Wow, very nice styling of the maxi skirt! You said you wore it for running around - do you wear the maxi to work too?

Laurel said...

What fun outfits! I love the colors and the stripes, of course. What a cool thing to notice about your boy!

Charisse said...

You look great as Mommy Randi. :) Maxi skirts are not something I have mastered yet, but I am amassing a few of them. It's just getting them out and wearing them that I have issues with, thus far. I will get there. I promise!!!

I remember the kindergarten freak out - it was last year. Now I am having the 1st grader freak out!!!

oatestosow.blogspot.com
prettyinandout.blogspot.com

Tara said...

I absolutely adore that first outfit! Usually, I can pinpoint why exactly I love an outfit, but I just can't on this one...everything about it just works beautifully on you, and you looke gorgeous :)

(Well, you always look gorgeous, but I'm just abnormally in love with this look :) It's totally going in my inspiration folder.)

Tysie said...

Holy GREAT weekend wear! Super stylish - I am jonesin' for your maxi (and scarf)...