Friday, May 13, 2011

Better Late Than Never...Sure...

Worn to work Thursday, May 12




 Skirt-Banana Republic/Blazer-Nordstroms/Shoes-Nicole

I know I am a few days late to he EBEW floral bandwagon but I hope you will still have me.  Love all the floral the women have going on over at Everybody Everywhere.  This used to be my favorite skirt. I bought it back in 2005 for a bridal shower and wore it frequently until I was to pregnant to zip it anymore. I did not really fit into it after I had the boys so it got pushed to the back of my closet. A few weeks ago while cleaning out my closet I decided to try it on again. With fingers crossed... It zipped up and fits pretty well. Love the print... Big purple blooms...yellow shadows...green leaves... I had a meeting today, so I decided to pair the skirt with an eyelet blazer and purple patent mary jane's (that got cut off in the photos) and dangly earrings.

So things at the homestead have spun a little out of control lately and I am on damage patrol...plus jack is sick and miserable, so we all are just kind of whiney and tired...But, I have learned a valuable lesson...you must take responsibility for your own actions.

11 comments:

The Suburb Experiment said...

WOO HOO! I love when you take the chance. . . and it fits!

I like that your blazer kind of has a floral pattern, too.

Mimi said...

Hope you all feel better! Love this combination of floral and sophisticated. The eyelit blazer is soooooo sweet;)

Love at First Shoe said...

Very cute outfit! I love that jacket with the skirt!

Rebecca said...

I love your black jacket. It's darling!

rebeccawithanR

Charisse said...

That skirt is GREAT!!! I want something like that!! I am going to be heading to Ross or Marshall's or something soon. Some place to pick up some great skirts at great prices!!!

So sorry that everyone in your house is kinda BLAH! We had a week like that last week. :(

prettyinandout.blogspot.com

Taylor said...

LOVE that eyelet blazer. Like, want to steal it kind of love it.

I have been in that kind of mood all week. Hope your house snaps out of it soon - I am still IN it. Ugh.

J. said...

You look great! I really need to get some floral into my closet! (I'm so scared of prints and patterns...)

. said...

I think this would be my fave skirt if I owned it, too! It's a very flattering cut and of course the purple flowers are too beautiful! Happy to have you (late) to the EBEW party ;)

Kelly said...

Love the jacket with its eyelet details!!!

Goose said...

Great skirt and a great way to style it. You look Fab!

Tara said...

Gorgeous skirt! And yay for finding out that it fits again :)

I'm sorry things are a little rough these days...I hope it all turns around for you soon!