The wonderful Katy of Modly Chic brings us bloggers together each week to answer a series of thought provoking questions. This weeks Friend Friday topic is Fitness and Fashion.
1. Do you keep some kind of fitness routine? Why?
I go to the gym 3 or 4 days per week. I work out for about 2 hours. I do a 30 minute warm up intervals on the bike, hour weight training and about 20 minute interval cool down on the bike. I find that if I do not have some kind of structured routine, I tend to wander. I am trying to make exercising a part of my life, not just something I "have to" do. After my surgery, I had to take it easy, but I really missed going to the gym and sweating and that surprised me!
2. Has working out, maybe training for a marathon or something of that nature, helped with your own perception of body image?
Since I started working out again, over a year ago, I have just felt so much better about my body and myself. I might have only dropped one size, but my body is much more tones and I just feel better in my own skin.
3. When you are hitting the gym or just going out for a long walk what do you wear? Is it about functionality or fashion?
It is all about function for me. I usually wear yoga pants and a short sleeved dri-fit t-shirt... just throw my hair in a ponytail and go. I don't go to the gym worrying about how I look, I go to get a good sweat!
4. Do you feel there is a cultural perception of what you ‘should’ be doing for your own physical fitness?
I think culture seems to show physically fit as skinny...but I have realized that being "fit" is all about how you feel in your own skin. As long as you feel comfortable with how your body looks, that is all that matters...or should matter.
5. Dream big… what would be your ultimate fitness goal.
I would like to drop about 10 pounds and tone my legs, hips and back more. But I am good with how things are currently going, since the surgery. I am feeling better about my body each day!!