Wednesday, October 27, 2010

And the Band Played On...

Cellulitis is a skin infection caused by bacteria. At first, the infected area will be warm, red swollen and tender. As the infection spreads, you make have fever, chills and swollen glands. That is the clinical definition of my newest side effect of my surgery...all that and a bag of chips!
The Randi definition...woke up Thursday after an extremely restless night filled with chest pains, the sweats and stabbing stomach pains to an extremely swollen abdomen around my incision. Not only was it huge...like I was wearing a inner tube... the skin was very hot and deep red...I figured there was something wrong. After going to my doctor and being diagnosed with cellulitis, I felt my balloon of hope and normalcy lose all its air and fall to the cement.

On to bigger and better things. Since my outfit today consists on leggings and a too big flannel, not outfit post. So, I though today would be a perfect time to do a "What's in Randi's Handbag" post.



-Plum Halogen Handbag-Just bought it ad Nordstroms today and I love it!!
-Grey Poppy Wallet
-Poketo Zipper Pouch-Coupons, receipts, gift cards and shopping lists in here
-Medicine
-My beloved iphone
-Granola Thins...yummy
-I did not realize how many lip balm, sticks, glosses that I carried!
I used to carry so much more in my handbag, but my doctor told me to take out anything that is not essential because I should not lift anything over 5lbs. I always had a pad of paper, a book, a bottle of water, and a few toy cars...but now it is cleaned out!

1 comment:

J. said...

While I realize the risk of cancer is virtually nil and your smaller boobs make you much happier, I am so sorry for all that you have endured and wish you well! I am so impressed with your good spirit!