Saturday, July 31, 2010

What a Workout...

Every since I decided to get healthy and try to simplify my life, I have been going to the gym 3 or 4 days per week for at least an hour each. I find the gym to be my haven, no one jumping on me, whining, or demanding juice, just peace and quite and sweat, it gives me piece of mind. Wow, I never thought I would enjoy working out so much. Well today, just ten minutes into my intervals I received a phone call from Alex's pediatrician that she would like to see him in 30 minutes. So, I jump of the bike, speed home, change clothes, grabbed Alex and headed to the doctor...all while still sweating. At the pediatrician, we discover Alex has viral induced asthma. He had to use the nebulizer and have a breathing treatment...all while I was still sweating. I hated seeing my little baby so miserable. Sometimes I question my selfishness or my ability as a mom, but today when I hopped off that that bike and sped home to take care of my baby...my piece of mind and my workout be damned.


1 comment:

Melissa said...

You're a great mom. You love your kids and that's what matters more than whether or not you make mistakes.

Sorry to hear about the asthma! Hope they can take care of that so it's not a problem for him.